June 14, 2020
Winter berry trifle
Source: Winter Trifle Recipe with Berries - olivemagazine [[Pasted image 1.png]]
- frozen mixed berries 500g bag
- golden caster sugar 4 tbsp
- crème de cassis 4 tbsp (or any other berry liqueur)
- madeira cake about 250g, sliced
- mascarpone 250ml tub
- fresh custard 500ml tub
- vanilla extrac 2 tsp
- double cream 284ml and 142ml pot
- Put the berries and sugar in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cassis and cool slightly.
- Put a layer of madeira cake in the bottom of a large glass trifle dish and spoon over ⅔ of the berry mix (you might not need all the liquid).
- Beat the mascarpone until smooth then gradually beat in the custard and stir in the vanilla. Spoon on top of the cake and berries. whip the cream to soft peaks and dollop onto the custard. Chill for an hour. Just before serving, spoon over the rest of the berry mix.
Updated Jun, 14 2020