June 14, 2020
Tempeh Reuben Crunch Wraps with Thousand Island Dressing and Zesty Fries
Source: Original recipe link
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart® Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 6 oz coleslaw blend
- 1 russet potato
- 2 tsp lemon pepper blend
- 8 oz tempeh
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- ½ cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp + 4 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make the dressing and coleslaw: Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sweet pickle relish, just 3 tbsp Vegenaise, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir the thousand island dressing to combine. Add the remaining Vegenaise, coleslaw blend, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Toss the coleslaw to combine and refrigerate until step 6.
- Roast the fries: Chop the russet potato into sticks about ½ inch thick. Transfer the chopped potatoes to a baking sheet and toss with lemon pepper blend and 2 tsp vegetable oil. Roast fries in the oven until browned and crisp in places, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Crisp the tempeh: Slice the tempeh into thin triangles. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced tempeh and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until crispy and well browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the cheese: Return the skillet to medium heat and add the sauerkraut to warm. Divide kraut into 2 piles in the pan and sprinkle each with cheddar cheese. Add 2 tbsp water, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Build the wraps: Lay the whole wheat tortillas on a clean work surface and spread each with 1 tbsp thousand island dressing. Top with crispy tempeh and sauerkraut and cheddar. Carefully roll the wraps, tucking in the sides as you go.
- Serve: Wipe the skillet clean and return to medium heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the tempeh reuben wraps, seam side down, and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Cut the wraps in half. Divide the wraps, coleslaw, and zesty fries between large plates. Serve with any remaining thousand island dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
Updated Jul, 02 2020